Addiction rehab based on the needs of the client
Aside from the traditional and alternative or residential addiction treatment and recovery centers, you also have different programs available which are needs-based. There are so many elements to take into consideration and that is what separates the more innovative alternative addiction treatment and recovery centers from the traditional ones. There are various drug treatment options including:
- Type of substance – alcohol or specific substances (e.g. amphetamines, cocaine, heroin, prescription medications, etc.)
- Spiritual beliefs – Christian, Faith-based, Holistic, etc.
- In-patient – short-term or long-term
- Gender – men only and women only
- Ethnicity or race
- Economic and financial status – court-ordered, luxury and private, or state-funded
- Dual diagnosis – combined addiction with mental illness
- Age – teens, adults, and seniors
These are the primary types but there are others that may have to be considered. Before entering any addiction treatment and recovery center, the individual must determine which program will best address their needs.
In-patient vs. out-patient addiction rehab format
If you are trying to decide on one of the various drug treatment options that are currently available, and you have ruled out entering the traditional rehab facility and chose the alternative type, then you will probably be comparing the in-patient to the out-patient format. The following are the basic differences to be aware of:
- allows you to return home in the evening
- has a lower recovery success rate because you are not under round-the-clock care and supervision and you return home to the temptations of drug use around you
- is ideal for individuals who cannot afford to pay for the in-patient rehab program
- the individual who is the sole parent or guardian of children in the home, or is either pursuing their education or working a full-time job, is a primary candidate for this type of addiction rehab program
- has the highest recovery success rate in the field of addiction treatment and recovery because it removes you from the potentially addiction “triggers” and harmful environment that is associated with your problems
- is recommended for the individual with a more severe abuse or addiction problem
- provides 24/7/365 care and supervision
- requires that you move into the facility
Let our referral service find a rehab program that works
The Rehab Advisor is the internet’s premier addiction treatment referral website with listings of the most successful drug abuse and addiction rehab programs throughout the US. No matter what state you call home, we can refer you into a program in your local vicinity. If you would like more information regarding our referral site and our drug treatment variations, you can call the toll-free phone number above if you want to speak with someone immediately.